How gorgeous does this look!
Fast and fancy. Fennel and salmon really do work together, despite my initial doubts. Serve the salmon with a fresh orange vinaigrette on tender greens and it makes an over-the-top quick weeknight dinner.
I’ve adapted this recipe from one published in Salmon: The Cookbook –edited by Bill Jones.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. crushed fennel seed
- 1 tsp. crushed peppercorns
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 4 salmon fillets
- oil for frying
- 4 cups fresh greens of your choice: arugula, baby kale, baby spinach, torn butter lettuce or a combination
- Optional: a variety of freshly sectioned citrus fruits: orange, tangerine, sweet lime, melongold, or grapefruit
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Crush the fennel seed and peppercorns. I used a mortar and pestle. Mix together with the salt and pepper. Rinse the salmon, pat dry, rub with a tiny bit of olive oil and coat with the fennel mixture.
- In an…
View original post 186 more words