Loving the sound of this – definitely a must try.
I love cooking with apples! The aroma of apples baking in the oven reminds me of the delicious homemade apple pies my mom makes. This apple crumble is high in fibre and can be made gluten-free (if a gluten-free flour is used) and vegan-friendly (if oil is used in place of butter).
- 4 large apples, (peeling optional), cored and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or other berries)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or less if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup flour (any type)
- 1/2 cup almonds, ground (or 1 cup pre-ground)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt (if using oil or unsalted butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 4 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp flax seeds (optional)
Place the apples and blueberries into an appropriately sized baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix the ground almonds, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and flax…
View original post 98 more words